Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Change of Pace

I've been a rubbish blogger as of late. We have been out and about enjoying our last few weeks in Japan together. Many of our adventures were repeat spots of places that we just had to visit/eat/enjoy one more time. I tend to get very sad and mopey when I think of leaving this wonderful, exciting country.

But it is time for a change of pace.

And a super big change of pace it will be. For the first time in eight years we will not live on/near a Marine Corps military installation. I know, gasp. It's terrifying and exciting all in the same breath. I'm glad to be away from the constant influx of 18-22 year olds, but I'm sad to be away from the military network and shared community.

Dustin was selected for recruiting duty and left today for two months (only 59 more days to go!) of training in San Diego. From the information we've gathered from former, current, and career recruiters it is the hardest job in the Marine Corps. I'm confident that Dustin will succeed in it.. he's got a knack for reading and understanding people. Again, a huge change of pace from working in the fleet.

So where will we live? Not sure on that one yet. Where will our baby be born? Not sure on that yet either. Lots of unknowns at this point.

We just know it will be completely different. And we're ready for this next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment