Friday, October 12, 2012

Hotel in Kyoto

Our trip to Kyoto was a little last minute. With the weekend also being a Japanese holiday I had a hard time finding a hotel. Two co workers spent time calling or looking online for me. I spent hours searching the English websites. I even went to the base's Tour and Travel department to see if they could find something. The man that helped me recommended we stay in nearby Osaka and take a train over every day. Whew! We just need a room over our head!

Well, that's all we got.

Awkward hallway

Big for Japan! Nothing on the walls was strange.

What is this? I don't understand. Where's my card?

Step-up into the bathroom. Not fun in the middle of the night.

Woohoo!

There is no scale here but this is about the size of one person.
It was convenient to the tourist areas in the city; albeit not up to the price tag we were charged for the weekend. The beds were "western-style" which means "really hard and uncomfortable". While looking around I was startled to find that the Gideon Bible was not in its customary place.


One positive was the breakfast buffet every morning. It had a mixture of tasty food and the best raspberry bread!

Dustin's Breakfast
Yum!
So after a yummy breakfast we filled the water bottles, tied our sneakers, and hit the road. We've got some sights to see.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds a lot like Nana's little, last-minute trips. We're glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete