Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Friendship Day, part 2

The day would not have been completed with an air show! I have never been to an air show and have never lived on an air station so I am fascinated by the airplanes. I also recently read Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken which has left me wanting to see planes up close. The static displays around the flightline had very long lines to get inside. I guess I'm not the only one interested in the airplanes.







Then there were the skydivers.


Trick planes.


And my favorite, the Herrier demonstration. Unfortunately, Dustin and I were over by the food so my video didn't come out too well. It can hover, strafe, and then turn its engines for flight. The Herrier is some amazing technology!



1 comment:

  1. "Unbroken" was an inspiring book to read, although it was also torturous to read. You can see the real Louis Zamperini if you watch a biography of Jesse Owens on PBS. It describes what the USA atheletes went through at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.

    ReplyDelete