Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Futsal

If you've been a reader of the last three years of my life then you know I am not a huge fan of organized sports. I played soccer until middle school and had a massive crush on Chipper Jones from the Atlanta Braves. That's about the extent of my sports-love. I enjoy attending live games, but watching sports on television just ain't my thing.

But given the opportunity to play. I'm in. Or in this case, Dustin got the chance. A coworker of his has a group that meets every so often in Hiroshima to play futsal.

Futsal is a variation of soccer that originated in Brazil almost a century ago. It is played on a small indoor field with no paint lines or walls. The small space means playes must be more creative. Japan loves their baseball, but futsal spectators are growing.

The video is a bit long and I've given up trying to find exciting moments to display. No photo this time. Just Google futsal. Neat stuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment