Friday, March 21, 2014

Week 8 - Walking, No Hugs, and a Raspberry

I promise this blog will not turn into a "Mommy blog". Not that there is anything wrong with them (trust me, I've been scouring them like crazy these last few weeks), but it's just not me. I like writing about adventures and while this is definitely a new (and probably the biggest) experience, I know this welcome addition to our family will not stop our other adventures. There just may be a bit of a delay as I work through super-exhaustion and the ever present feeling that shouting groceries is in my future.

I have stopped running. Okay, not completely stopped, but a major milage change has occured. I think of all the crazy changes going on with me that has had the biggest impact on my day-to-day. I miss that time, but also cannot fathom adding training to this rollercoaster. So walking is now my daily activity. Recently I started following one of my favorite running routes that takes me through the lotus fields and along the seawall. This is a bad idea as it is planting season. Planting = miles of manure. Blech.

Dustin and I revealed our little raspberry this week to family, friends, and Facebook. To answer the number one question that all have asked: I feel fine. Okay, that's a total lie. But telling you about weird poop and swollen boobs isn't generally acceptable. So yes, I'm peachy. All normal pains and gains. My only loud complaint is the metallic taste in my mouth. I feel like I'm sucking on pennies. Again, blech.

Yes, we are super excited, but please don't hug me. It hurts (see above). I'm totally down with fist bumps (with explosions, of course).

No pictures this week because all I've got to show is bloat. I started this journey curvy (although a healthy, normal weight) so I doubt there will be much to see for a bit. I'll never been one of those ladies that "are all bump". That's okay though.

Baby Tice is due October 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment