Friday, September 20, 2013

Gyu-Kaku

I apologize for the delay in writing about this amazing restaurant. Yakiniku, "grilled meat", is very popular in Japan, although it originated in Korea. Similar to a fondue restaurant without the broth, each table has a grill and you cook your own meat and vegetables.


And it is delicious. This time Dustin and I ordered beef strips and basil chicken. So tasty. My favorite treat are sweet potatoes with a little butter.



We roasted our garlic bulbs until they were soft. Peppers, leeks, mushrooms, cabbage, and onion rounded out our vegetables. We also shared a wasabi-ranch salad (not pictured, sorry, I was hungry). I love the small portions and different options provided by yakiniku restaurants. Most will do an all-you-can eat (and sometimes drink) for a set price. We find that a few dishes are enough for a weeknight meal. A very delicious weeknight meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment