Friday, September 27, 2013

The Final Approach

I love to read. Every Friday afternoon right about the time the munchies hit I would receive a digital copy of the Iwakuni Approach. Perfect. Afternoon snack and a few minutes to read on the past and upcoming events of my community.

Today was the final issue of a newspaper with a sixty year history.

I get it. People are moving to digital means of absorbing their information. I am part of that change since I, as previously mentioned, read my copy digitally every Friday. So I'm okay with news outlets utilizing digital means to communicate their stories.

But to stop the publication altogether?! What am I going to do every Friday afternoon at 1430?

Enjoy the last edition of the Iwakuni Approach with pictures of my community's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment