Monday, April 15, 2013

Kintai Half Marathon

 
I am not a runner. I don't look like a runner and I rarely feel like a runner. I have to work at it. And boy, have I been working for it. And the training (albeit, not enough) was worth it. I ran my first half-marathon!
 

Dustin stayed with me the whole trek. The course was laps (yes, gross) around the base. It was the ugliest run I have ever done. Construction projects, temporary dust walls, and gravel areas. I created an awesome playlist to make the miles go by. The worst was the wind. It was so windy! For half the race we were blasted by sea winds that made it hard to even hear music in my headphones. I ran behind Dustin for a bit so I wouldn't get the full force of it. It was pretty intense.


But we finished! And then hobbled the mile back home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment