Monday, April 22, 2013

Lyrid Meteor Shower

Good morning all you amateur astronomers! In case you missed it, last night was the optimal viewing for the Lyrid Meteor Shower. Unfortunately, Iwakuni was a bit overcast so not much could be seen here. Hopefully you had better viewing weather.

The first time I remember actively viewing stars was for Pathfinders. I will admit that my eye sight was so bad at the time that I couldn't see anything under the big black sky. Today I remembered that feeling as I could not see anything through the gloom.

Dustin is a big fan of the Star Walk app. It has accompanied us many times when we walk Zero in the evenings.

As you are out catching the streaks across the sky, enjoy a little space music to get you in the mood. Fun fact: this was a serious contender for our wedding processional!

No comments:

Post a Comment