Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh, August

"Fairest of the months!
Ripe summer's queen
The hey-day of the year
With robes that gleam with sunny sheen
Sweet August doth appear."
- R. Combe Miller

So nice, isn't it? We are finally into August... a month I have waited for all year. For it means that Dustin is home safe, the house is nearly empty and we are off to visit with family.

For all the fun that August brings (birthdays and school supplies) I cannot enjoy it because of this miserable heat.

"What dreadful hot weather we have!
It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."
- Jane Austen

I couldn't have said it better myself. Toasty doesn't come close to how wretched the weather has been. The grass is floating away it is so dry. The trees are despondent. I feel my skin burning from inside.

"Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat."
- Ann Landers

I bet a man could in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment